This is the Linux app named firejail whose latest release can be downloaded as firejail-0.9.66.tar.xz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named firejail with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Firejail is a SUID program that reduces the risk of security breaches by restricting the running environment of untrusted applications using Linux namespaces and seccomp-bpf. It allows a process and all its descendants to have their own private view of the globally shared kernel resources, such as the network stack, process table, mount table.
Written in C with virtually no dependencies, the software runs on any Linux computer with a 3.x kernel version or newer. The sandbox is lightweight, the overhead is low. There are no complicated configuration files to edit, no socket connections open, no daemons running in the background. All security features are implemented directly in Linux kernel and available on any Linux computer.
Firejail can sandbox any type of processes: servers, graphical applications, and even user login sessions. The software includes security profiles for a large number of Linux programs: Mozilla Firefox, Chromium, VLC, Transmission etc.
- Linux namespaces
- Filesystem container: local filesystem, chroot filesystem, overlay filesystem
- Four security filters: seccomp, protocol, noroot user namespace, Linux capabilities
- Custom security profiles
- Resource allocation: Linux control groups and rlimits
- Networking support
- Statistics and monitoring
- Graphical user interface
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/firejail/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.