This is the Linux app named footswitch2 whose latest release can be downloaded as fs2_8.0.0_arch.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named footswitch2 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Footswitch 2 is a media player for transcription on Linux. Written in python and using the python bindings for VLC it allows a transcriber to control the audio or video with a USB footpedal, and includes a set of macros that integrate into LibreOffice. This allows the transcriber to control the media player from within Libreoffice as well, making it useful for those who do not yet own a footpedal/footswitch.
Control of the media player from LibreOffice can be via Hotkeys or an integrated toolbar.
There are 3 timestamp macros, along with media player control macros for
Normal Audio speed
Jump to timestamp
Allows for multiple transcription clients, database export for spreadsheet invoicing.
This combination of fs2 and libreoffice unlike some other transcription tools, means you are working in a world class editor, so there is no need to cut and paste or transfer the text into another package when finished.
- Uses VLC python bindings so will play whatever media VLC can play
- Configuration of 3 pedals for a USB footpedal/footswitch
- Known to work with Vec Infinity in-USB2, Olympus RS28/RS31 and MicroDia foot pedals
- Support for the Infinity in-USB3 foot pedal (wait for version 8.0.0) is experimental
- Controls Pause,Play,Jump back, Jump Forward, Stop
- Play slower, Play faster, Return to normal speed, Mute
- Adjust Volume
- Allows for Classic transcriber Play/Pause where Play is pedal held down and Pause is when it is released
- Configurable Jump lengths and jump back after pause
- Running time and current position displayed
- Configurable TCP port, HID device id and number of pedals
- Timecode reminder function and estimate of work left to do
- Included LibreOffice macros for control from within LibreOffice via mouse click or hot key
- Support for footswitch2 equaliser, a 15 band pulseaudio equaliser
- Configurable default and by Client id, "load audio" directories
- Database browsing and editing
- View, Select and export data in CSV format for spreadsheets and invoicing
- Export data directly to LibreOffice Calc
- Hot Key of timestamps and speaker names into Libreoffice document
- Recently used File list allows you to pick up exactly where you finished
- Calculator to calculate time differences for partial transcription billing
- Pre-loaded LibreOffice drop down menus and menubar
- Drag and drop of audio files supported
- Import Client and Invoice data directly into LibreOffice Writer or Calc
- Example Invoice Templates for LibreOffice Writer and Calc included
- Automatically incrementing Invoice number available via Hot Key or Menu
- Audio effects via pulseaudio for Mono to Stereo conversion, Pitch control, a High-Pass filter for rumble reduction and a Low-pass Filter for hiss.
- Configureable timestamp styles
- Continuous loop over a difficult piece of Audio
- Freeze on last video frame option
- Video On Screen Display (OSD) timecode timestamps into your document
- For video: automatic screen size based on reported video size and advance and retreat by frame
- Silence detection/removal
- Prefer to use Gstreamer see https://sourceforge.net/projects/footswitch3/
- Just need a simple version check https://sourceforge.net/projects/footswitch2basic/
- Need the Equaliser? https://sourceforge.net/projects/footswitch2equaliser/
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
Gnome, X Window System (X11)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/footswitch2/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.