This is the Linux app named Foswiki whose latest release can be downloaded as Foswiki-2.1.6.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Foswiki with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Foswiki is an Enterprise wiki, typically used to run a collaboration platform, knowledge base or document management system. Users can create wiki applications using the Topic Markup Language, and developers can extend its functionality with plugins.
Foswiki stands for "Free and Open Source" wiki to emphasize its commitment to Open Source software.
- Runs on standard web servers, such as Apache and NGINX
- Wiki application development leveraging the Data Wiki and Macro language functionality to allow collaborative data based applications
- Revision control - complete audit trail, also for meta data such as attachments and access control settings
- Fine-grained access control - restrict read/write/rename on site level, web level, page level based on user groups
- Extensible topic markup language
- TinyMCE based WYSIWYG editor
- Dynamic content generation with macros
- Forms and reporting - capture structured content, report on it with searches embedded in pages
- Built in database - users can create wiki applications using the Topic Markup Language
- Skinnable user interface
- RSS/Atom feeds and e-mail notification
- Over 400 Extensions and 200 Plugins
Advanced End Users, System Administrators
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/foswiki/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.