This is the Linux app named fsize whose latest release can be downloaded as pt_fsize.cygwin.win32.exe.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named fsize with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
When you synchronize 2 file repositories with rsync, then you want to use fsize to show you if both sides show up with the same amount of files and with the same file sizes. Using du always counts files and directories (option -sb), which can result in different sizes. A directory node may use 12 KB on the rsync source and 16 KB on the rsync destination.
System Administrators, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/fsize/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.