This is the Linux app named galprop_propel to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as galprop_54_r2160.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named galprop_propel to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
galprop_propel to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:The GALPROP program (http://galprop.stanford.edu) computes cosmic-ray propagation numerically. To obtain manifestly accurate solutions an explicit method is now available to replace the Crank-Nicolson operator-splitting method. This can be implemented in the public version of GALPROP with the update provided here.
Instructions: replace the four files propel.cc, propel_diagnostics, Galdef.cc and Galdef.h and rebuild the executable.
Add solution_method and solution_convergence to the galdef parameter file. A test GALDEF file with these parameters is galdef_54_reltest09; the diagnostics document the accuracy of the solution.
A full explanation is given in the GALPROP Explanatory Supplement http://www.mpe.mpg.de/~aws/galprop_explanatory_supplement.pdf
Thanks to Deepak Khurana for requesting and testing this update.
Now replaced by this project: http://sourceforge.net/projects/galprop
where further updates can be found.
- 2 October 2013: propel.cc is replaced by a corrected version compatible with the public version. propel_diagnostics.cc gives more diagnostics and implements the convergence criterion. A test galdef is included.
- 2 October 2013: a complete release with the new routines is now available as galprop_54_r2160.gz
- 5 October 2013: a release with synchrotron and free-free routines in addition is at https://sourceforge.net/projects/galpropsynchrotron/ . Go there for future developments.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/galproppropel/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.