This is the Linux app named Genode OS Framework whose latest release can be downloaded as genode-21.08.tar.bz2. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Genode OS Framework with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Genode OS Framework
The Genode OS Framework is a tool kit for building highly secure special-purpose operating systems. It scales from embedded systems with as little as 4 MB of memory to highly dynamic general-purpose workloads.
Genode is based on a recursive system structure. Each program runs in a dedicated sandbox and gets granted only those access rights and resources that are needed for its specific purpose. Programs can create and manage sub-sandboxes out of their own resources, thereby forming hierarchies where policies can be applied at each level. The framework provides mechanisms to let programs communicate with each other and trade their resources, but only in strictly-defined manners. Thanks to this rigid regime, the attack surface of security-critical functions can be reduced by orders of magnitude compared to contemporary operating systems.
With Sculpt OS, the Genode OS Framework includes a ready-to-install general-purpose OS.
Government, Information Technology, Science/Research, Telecommunications Industry, Developers, Other Audience
Python, C++, C
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/genode/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.