This is the Linux app named GetSmart - The Smartest Download Manager whose latest release can be downloaded as GSFullSetup.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named GetSmart - The Smartest Download Manager with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
GetSmart - The Smartest Download Manager
GetSmart is a download manager that supports Multi-Connection downloads. With Multi-Mirror search it can download different parts from these mirror servers simultaneously. It can 'act as proxy' to serve multiple clients. It can also works as a Daemon.
- GetSmart will split a file up to 6 parts (default:6 but can be increased from configuration) and will download them simultaneously. For jammed connections this will increase the speed by up to 5 times! (instead of having one connection downloading the file, you will get as many as 6 connections (or more), each downloading a different part of the file).
- It will count the time where no data arrives (timout) and if it passes a specific time, GetSmart will abort and resume, without quitting the FTP - this will result in another speed increase.
- It has special hammering system for those busy sites - up to 5 tasks which will hammer a site.
- Advanced users can see a console which shows what really is going on in the FTP/HTTP terminal.
- Whenever resuming a file, GetSmart will compare the last bytes of your local file to the file on the server to insure that the local file is right and not corrupted.
- GetSmart will use tray icons, and will show a download progress as a slowly filled tray icon. When finished it will not pop up messages disturbing you, it will flash and wait untill you double click it.
- GetSmart supports mirrors. For any download you can add mirrors, but GetSmart can even FTP search for mirrors automatically. It will ping them all and find the fastest.
- It can catch clicks from the clipboard, which allows starting downloads easily.
- It will have many more options soon.
Win32 (MS Windows), Non-interactive (Daemon)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/getsmart/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.