This is the Linux app named GIMPshop whose latest release can be downloaded as gimpshop_2.2.8_fix1_setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named GIMPshop with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
An upstream source site housing the original files for this mirror is no longer available.
GIMPshop is a modification of the free/open source GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP), intended to replicate the feel of Adobe Photoshop. Its primary purpose is to make users of Photoshop feel comfortable using GIMP. It shares all GIMP's advantages, including the long feature list and customisability, while addressing some common criticisms regarding the program's interface: GIMPshop modifies the menu structure to closely match Photoshop's, adjusts the program's terminology to match Adobe's, and, in the Windows version, uses a plugin called 'Deweirdifier' to combine the application's numerous windows in a similar manner to the MDI system used by most Windows graphics packages. While GIMPshop does not support Photoshop plugins, all GIMP's own plugins, filters, brushes, etc. remain available
- All of GIMP's features and customizability
- Menus very similar to Photoshop's
- Uses Photoshop terminology
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimpshop.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.