This is the Linux app named Global Epidemic Simulator to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as ges-beta-1.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Global Epidemic Simulator to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Global Epidemic Simulator to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTIONThe Global Epidemic Simulator is a platform for modelling directly transmissible human diseases such as influenza, and testing intervention policies that may reduce the duration or severity of an outbreak of such a disease. Building on previous work, this model is spatial and individual-based, using various geographical and demographic data sources to place households at absolute locations, populated with individuals of specific ages who each attend schools or workplaces situated in their vicinity. The significant advance of this project over previous work is the global nature of simulation, the memory and performance requirements of which motivate us towards a multi-core, multi-computer solution.
- Community contact and long range travel contact algorithms
- Synthetic global population creation with age to match government stats
- Household, three school types, and workplace network creation
- Intervention policies triggered dynamically or at fixed times
- Interventions, parameters and output grouped by user-selected admin units
- Parameterisation editor in Java
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/globalepidemics/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.