This is the Linux app named GRUB-EFI: os-prober-efi whose latest release can be downloaded as os-prober-efi.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named GRUB-EFI: os-prober-efi with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONGRUB 2 works with EFI but there are no menuentries built, os-prober-efi/30_os_prober_efi will fix this.
os-prober-efi ist for analyzing/printing the EFI environment. Use os-prober-efi -h for more informations!
30_os_prober_efi ist the grub-mkconfig script (update-grub) and generates for each entry (*.efi) found in /boot/efi/EFI/... a menuentry.
You can disable them in "/etc/default/grub".
NOTE: /boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi is the regular EFI-Loader for Windows!
Possible Variables (optional) - they need export and must be stored in "/etc/default/grub":
-- Disable the script 30_os_prober_efi
-- Disable directory and/or loader (first found=disabled)
Example for disable the loader /EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgr.efi:
Example for disable the complete folder boot/efi/EFI/grub:
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/os-prober-efi/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.