This is the Linux app named i3-gaps whose latest release can be downloaded as 4.20.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named i3-gaps with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
i3-gaps is a fork of i3wm, a tiling window manager for X11. It is kept up to date with upstream, adding a few additional features such as gaps between windows. In order to use gaps you need to disable window titlebars. This can be done by adding only one command line to your config. Gaps are the namesake feature of i3-gaps and add spacing between windows/containers. Gaps come in two flavors, inner and outer gaps wherein inner gaps are those between two adjacent containers (or a container and an edge) and outer gaps are an additional spacing along the screen edges. Gaps can be configured in your config either globally or per workspace, and can additionally be changed during runtime using commands (e.g., through i3-msg). Outer gaps are added to the inner gaps, i.e., the gaps between a screen edge and a container will be the sum of outer and inner gaps.
- You can define gaps either globally or per workspace
- Gaps can be modified at runtime
- You can change gaps either for only the currently focused or all currently existing workspaces
- Gaps can be automatically turned on/off on a workspace in certain scenarios
- Smart borders will draw borders on windows only if there is more than one window in a workspace
- The height of an i3bar instance can be specified explicitly
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/i3-gaps.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.