This is the Linux app named icsDrone whose latest release can be downloaded as icsdroneng-0.28-windows.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named icsDrone with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
icsdrone acts as an interface between an ICS (Internet Chess Server) and a chess engine supporting the XBoard/WinBoard protocol. Unlike XBoard/WinBoard it does not use a graphical interface so it is suitable for use on embedded systems.
icsdrone was originally developed for FICS (the Free Internet Chess Server) by Henrik Gram but currently ICC (the Internet Chess Club) works as well.
- "Daemon mode" (run in background).
- Auto reconnection in case of network problems.
- Builtin support for using timeseal.
- An ICS proxy.
When instructed via the "proxy" option, icsdrone acts as a proxy for the ICS it is connected to. This is similar to using xboard with zippy but now the "GUI" (xboard/winboard) can be closed without terminating the engine.
Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/icsdrone/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.