This is the Linux app named ImatiSTL whose latest release can be downloaded as ImatiSTL-4.2-3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ImatiSTL with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
ImatiSTL is a C++ library for applications that need to finely post-process raw polygon meshes represented by STL files.
It is particularly useful in 3D printing scenarios: the repairing functions provided by ImatiSTL bridge the gap between printable meshes and real-world meshes with diverse potential defects and flaws (e.g. degenerate triangles, self-intersections, surface holes, ...).
ImatiSTL provides both functions for local mesh repairing and methods for global remeshing. Local repairing is useful when the available data must remain exactly as it is in the input STL file, whereas global remeshing may fix even highly corrupted meshes at the cost of a small distortion in the resulting fixed mesh.
- Mesh repairing
- Geometry processing
Science/Research, Developers, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/imatistl/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.