This is the Linux app named iPoet whose latest release can be downloaded as iPoet.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named iPoet with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONiPoet will create a poem, based on a topic of your choice, with your specified stanza (paragraph) length, number of stanzas and a 1-line refrain. It uses a simple text file ( YAML: .yml extension) as its dictionary, which allows you to edit it on any PC, but, to make it even easier, we have made an editor program that will sort out hierarchy and YAML syntax for you.
- Create poems with 1 click
- Customise the poem's settings without programming experience
- Select a topic, number of stanzas, lines per stanza, and add a 1-line refrain
- Temporarily add adjectives and adverbs to really make the poem yours
- Add/edit the dictionary to make more and better poems
Education, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience
Java Swing, Java AWT
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ipoet/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.