This is the Linux app named Java-Enigma whose latest release can be downloaded as enigma.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Java-Enigma with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This program is an offline and stand-alone Java application which simulates the Enigma encryption machine that was used during World War II.
- configurable number of rotors (1-6)
- option for creating custom rotors
- ready-to-use rotors from Enigma M3 (Army/Navy), Norenigma, commercial Enigma, Swiss Enigma, Tirpitz, Rocket (Reichsbahn)
- configurable ring
- entry wheel and/or plug board
- encrypt letter by letter (keyboard listener)
- encrypt entire text (process all)
- visualization of rotor input/output
- command line mode available
Java Swing, Command-line
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/java-enigma/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.