This is the Linux app named Java Open Chess to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as joChess-1.5.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Java Open Chess to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Java Open Chess to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Java Open Chess is a project written in Java in NetBeans IDE. There is possibility to play for 2 players on local computers and via network connection. There is also an option to play versus quite weak computer oponent. Stronger computer oponens will be implemented soon.
ATTENTION: Requires Java 1.8 or higher!
- 2 local players game
- 2 network players game (as client and as server)
- 1 player mode (versus CPU)
- Tabbed window - each game in separate tab
- Each tab can be both client and server in case of network game
- Save game in chess notation (in both PGN and FEN)
- Load game in chess notation (in both PGN and FEN)
- Game clock
- Chat during network game
- Partialy themable interface (chessboard and pieces)
- Move history with move back / move forward in local game and over internet
- Requires Java 1.8 or higher!
Education, Developers, End Users/Desktop, Other Audience, Testers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/javaopenchess/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.