This is the Linux app named JDrafting whose latest release can be downloaded as jdrafting_1_12_exec.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named JDrafting with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
JDrafting is an open source Java application to create Technical Drawing exercises.
This application is inspired by the 'Classical Construction', also known as 'Ruler-and-compass Construction' or 'Compass-and-straightedge construction'. However, another drawing tools can be used.
(More info about classical construction: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Compass-and-straightedge_construction)
Download examples in 'Files tab'
JRE 8+ needed
- See exercise step by step
- Easy to use
- Export to SVG/PNG
- Basic shapes; points, segments, arcs, circumferences, ...
- Ruler and protractor
- Other shapes; rectangles, polygons, polylines, splines, free hand, text box, math functions
- Tools; perpendiculars, parallels, mediatrix, midpoint, bisectrix, capable arc, ...
- Transform; rotations, translations, homothety, symmetries, ...
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jdrafting/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.