This is the Linux app named JSmol whose latest release can be downloaded as README-DOWNLOAD. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named JSmol with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
JSmol can read all the files that Jmol reads. You can do all the scripting that Jmol does. You can create all the buttons and links and such that you are used to creating for Jmol. All of the rendering capability of the Jmol applet is there. JSmol has both a console and a popup menu.
JSmol is integrated fully with JSME and JSpecView.
A "lite" version of JSmol provides minimal functionality (balls and sticks only) for extremely small-bandwith apps.
- Faithful reproduction of Jmol in HTML5.
- Capable of reading all of the file formats that Jmol reads.
- Fully scriptable, with all of the scripting capabilities of Jmol.
- Fully supported by the Jmol development team as the logical successor to the Jmol applet in a Java-free environment.
- Integration with JSME (2D drawing app) and JSpecView (spectroscopy)
- Direct connections to databases, structure, surface, and spectroscopy providers.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/jsmol/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.