This is the Linux app named Layered-Wall Cylindrical Pressure Vessel whose latest release can be downloaded as LWCPV.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Layered-Wall Cylindrical Pressure Vessel with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Layered-Wall Cylindrical Pressure Vessel
Layered-Wall Cylindrical Pressure Vessels (LWCPV.zip) includes:
1. A macro enabled Excel workbook (LWCPV.xlsm) for preliminary
design and analysis of long cylindrical, layered-wall pressure vessels
(PVs) subjected to external hydrostatic pressure. The following
three types of layered-wall construction are addressed:
a. Two-layer isotropic;
b. Three-layer isotropic sandwich-wall; and
c. Three-layer sandwich-wall with orthotropic outer layers and
Stress-strain solutions for all constructions are based on thick-wall
three-dimensional elastic theory. Elastic Monocoque Instability
pressure is calculated.
Instructions on using each worksheet are given therein.
2. Technical notes outlining the underlying theory and discussing the
above three types of PVs. The methodology used can be extended to
other multi-layer wall construction
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lwcpv/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.