This is the Linux app named Linguist whose latest release can be downloaded as linguist-grammars.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Linguist with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This library is used on GitHub.com to detect blob languages, ignore binary or vendored files, suppress generated files in diffs, and generate language breakdown graphs. Linguist is a Ruby library so you will need a recent version of Ruby installed. There are known problems with the macOS/XCode supplied version of Ruby that causes problems installing some of the dependencies. Accordingly, we highly recommend you install a version of Ruby using Homebrew, rbenv, rvm, ruby-build, asdf or other packaging system, before attempting to install Linguist and the dependencies. Linguist uses charlock_holmes for character encoding and rugged for libgit2 bindings for Ruby. These components have their own dependencies. A repository's languages stats can also be assessed from the command line using the github-linguist executable. Without any options, github-linguist will output the breakdown that correlates to what is shown in the language stats bar.
- Create a language stats bar which displays the languages percentages for the files in the repository
- Detect blob languages, ignore binary or vendored files
- Suppress generated files in diffs, and generate language breakdown graphs
- Linguist takes the list of languages it knows from languages.yml and uses a number of methods to try and determine the language used by each file
- Linguist goes through all the files in a repository and excludes all files that it determines to be binary data
- The results of this analysis are cached for the lifetime of your repository
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/linguist.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.