This is the Linux app named Linux Air Combat whose latest release can be downloaded as Lac08p48.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Linux Air Combat with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Linux Air Combat
Combat Flight Simulator for World War 2, available on LINUX . Current Version: 8.48. Free. This is now the world's leading open-source combat flight sim for LINUX.
LINUX AIR COMBAT was derived from the well-known "gl-117" game, after a huge re-write. Focus is changed from "arcade" to simulation. Runs on almost any LINUX desktop system (even Raspberry Pi) and generates very smooth, high-performance flight.
Fly any of 54 WW2 planes in solo flight, in 1 of 4 "Tutorial Missions", against a single network opponent "head to head", or in a multi-player Internet mission on a free Server.
Smooth, simple, fast 3d graphics compatible with any display hardware supporting opengl.
Precompiled executable in "AppImage" format eliminates compiling on most LINUX distros. Just download and run!
Easy to compile from source code if that's what you're looking for.
Use joystick, mouse, or Console Game Controller for primary flight controls.
Powerful text and voice comms
- 54 of the most important World War II aircraft
- A theoretical Jet fighter with performance similar to the General Dynamics F16
- Industry-standard "Air Warrior" style viewsystem is easily configurable for other view options
- 45 flight/view functions can be mapped to any detected joystick axis, button, or keyboard key
- Very smooth, simple, high-performance graphics yield high frame rates even on modest computer hardware
- Online, 2-player "Head to Head" mission suitable for air racing or combat duels
- Online multiuser missions in Desert, Mountain, or Pacific Island terrains
- Powerful cockpit integration with well-known "Mumble" voice comms server
- Strategic airfield destruction with bombs, rockets, or guns
- Fighters can combat other fighters, escort friendly bombers, attack enemy bombers, or strafe enemy airfields.
- Bombers are automatically defended by their own gunners
- Flight controls compatible with joysticks, console Game Controllers, or mouse
- Text-based interplayer communication emulates a "Morse Code" radio
- Persistent, multi-player online missions
- Several rich, powerful, "Sample" missions are published with extremely detailed source code commentary to assist New LAC Mission Developers.
Aerospace, Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
Gnome, X Window System (X11), OpenGL, KDE
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxaircombat/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.