This is the Linux app named Linux Air Combat whose latest release can be downloaded as LacMenuLauncher08.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Linux Air Combat with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Linux Air Combat
Combat Flight Simulator for WW2, available on LINUX . Current Version: 9.44. Free. This is now the world's leading open-source combat flight sim for LINUX.
LINUX AIR COMBAT was derived from the well-known "gl-117" game, after a huge re-write. Focus is changed from arcade gaming to simulation. Runs on almost any LINUX desktop system (even Steam Deck and Raspberry Pi) and generates very smooth, high-performance flight.
Fly any of 54 WW2 planes in offline tutorial missions or in one of 10 multi-player Internet missions on a free Server.
Smooth, simple 3d graphics on any display hardware supporting opengl.
Precompiled executable in "AppImage" format eliminates compiling on most LINUX distros. Just download and run!
Easy option to compile from source code.
Joystick, Console Game Controller, or mouse as primary flight controls.
Powerful text & voice comms.
(Video below is long, but fun and instructive for beginners. Combat begins at 17 minute point.)
- 54 of the most important World War II aircraft
- A whimsical Jet fighter with performance similar to the Douglas A4 "Skyhawk"
- Flight controls compatible with joysticks, console Game Controllers, or mouse
- 45 flight/view functions can be mapped to any detected joystick axis, button, or keyboard key
- Industry-standard "Air Warrior" style viewsystem is easily configurable for other view options
- Very smooth, simple, high-performance graphics yield high frame rates even on modest computer hardware
- Four narrated, offline tutorial missions to get you started
- Online, 2-player "Head to Head" mission suitable for air racing or combat duels
- Online multiuser missions in Desert, Mountain, or Pacific Island terrains
- Text-based interplayer communication emulates a "Morse Code" radio
- Powerful cockpit integration with well-known "Mumble" voice comms server
- Strategic airfield destruction with bombs, rockets, or guns
- Fighters can combat other fighters, escort friendly bombers, attack enemy bombers, or strafe enemy airfields, ships, and buildings.
- Bombers can rain destruction upon enemy airfields or dive-bomb ships and facilities, but they must first survive the trip to and through enemy territory!
- Bombers are automatically defended by their own gunners
- Several rich, powerful, "Sample" missions are published with extremely detailed source code commentary to assist New LAC Mission Developers.
Aerospace, Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
Gnome, X Window System (X11), OpenGL, KDE
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxaircombat/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.