This is the Linux app named lixa whose latest release can be downloaded as lixa-1.9.5.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named lixa with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
LIXA (LIbre XA) is an open source and free Transaction Manager implementing the distributed transaction processing "XA specification" and "TX (transaction demarcation) specification" according to the X/Open CAE Specification. LIXA implements even XTA: XA Transaction API, an innovative API that implements XA transactional context passing among different applications.
LIXA is a Transaction Manager but it's not a Transaction Monitor: this is the distinguishing feature of the project. LIXA technology enables every application container, like a web server or a shell, to become a two phase commit application server. The client/server architecture of LIXA allows many application containers to share a single LIXA (state) server: this is ideal when horizontal scalability is a must and many identical application containers must refer to a single transactional environment.
LIXA can be used with the C, C++, Java, Python and COBOL programming languages.
- X/Open TX (Transaction Demarcation) specification API
- Distributed XA compliant Transaction Manager
- XTA: XA Transaction API
System Administrators, Developers
COBOL, Python, C++, C, Java
JDBC, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL (pgsql), IBM DB2
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/lixa/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.