This is the Linux app named Low Cost BMS whose latest release can be downloaded as PCB_BMSModule_LG63_CRW_v2.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Low Cost BMS with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Low Cost BMS
This is an open source BMS for your home-made electric vehicle, home storage battery or any other battery project! It includes files to help you build and program your own circuit boards. You will need to get the circuit boards made, buy the components and solder them to the boards, then program the chips on the boards.
There is one master board and multiple module boards.
The master has a screen to let you know what is going on. It also has a LED as a warning light in case a fault occurs (low cell voltage for example).
You need to make one module for each cell in the battery pack.
- Pack Voltage
- Cell Voltage
- Cell Temperature
- Data Logging via connected laptop
- Identifies the source of a communications fault
- Disables charger when the pack is charged, or when there is a fault
- Displays a fault code and lights a LED with any fault
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/low-cost-bms/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.