This is the Linux app named LWT ◆ Learning with Texts whose latest release can be downloaded as learning_with_texts_2_0_3_complete.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named LWT ◆ Learning with Texts with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
LWT ◆ Learning with Texts
THE #1 LANGUAGE LEARNING FREEWARE ON SOURCEFORGE WITH ~400 DOWNLOADS PER MONTH
Learning with Texts (LWT) is a versatile tool for Language Learning - inspired by Stephen Krashen's principles in Second Language Acquisition, Steve Kaufmann's LingQ system, ideas from Khatzumoto (AJATT = "All Japanese All The Time") and the Vera F. Birkenbihl approach to language learning. Read & listen, save & test words in context!
READ MORE: https://learning-with-texts.sourceforge.io
PLEASE NOTE: THIS website - managed by the developer - is the ONE and ONLY source for the ORIGINAL LWT software. Other download URLs or web services may offer a not up-to-date or modified LWT!
- Learning with Texts (LWT) is a tool for Language Learning, inspired by Stephen Krashen's principles in Second Language Acquisition, Steve Kaufmann's LingQ System, and ideas from Khatzumoto, published at "AJATT - All Japanese All The Time".
- You define languages you want to learn.
- You define the web dictionaries you want to use.
- You define how sentences and words in the language will be split up.
- You upload texts, and they are automatically split into sentences and words! Later re-parsing is possible.
- Optional: Assign the URL of an mp3 audio file of the text in order to listen while reading the text.
- You read the text while listening to the audio, and you see immediately the status of every word (unknown, learning, learned, well-known, ignored).
- You click on words, and you use the external dictionaries to find out their meanings.
- You save words or expressions (2..9 words) with optional romanization (for asiatic languages), translations and example sentence, you change its status, you edit them whenever needed (like in LingQ).
- Use tags to categorize your terms and texts.
- Test your understanding of words and expressions within or without sentence context.
- MCD - "Massive-Context Cloze Deletion" - see https://tinyurl.com/zvfxhdyb - testing, as proposed by Khatzumoto @ AJATT, built-in!
- See your progress on the statistics page.
- You may export the words and expressions and use them in Anki or other programs.
- You may upload words and expressions into LWT (from LingQ or other sources, CSV/TSV) - they are immediately available in all texts!
- New since Version 1.5.0: Create and edit an improved annotated text version (as interlinear text) for online or offline learning. Motivation: Annotated texts (as interlinear text) have been used for language learning for a long time. One example are the word-by-word translations in the Assimil courses. The German Vera F. Birkenbihl proposes the creation of interlinear word-by-word or hyperliteral translations (she named this creation "decoding") in foreign language learning. See: "The Birkenbihl-Approach to Language Learning", Link: http://tinyurl.com/birkenbihl-method
- New since Version 1.5.3: Multiple Table Sets / Multi User Setup.
- The application is 100 % free, open source, and in the Public Domain. Do with it what you like!
- Prerequisites: a local web server (Apache + PHP + MySQL/MariaDB), e.g. EasyPHP DevServer (https://www.easyphp.org/easyphp-devserver.php - Windows), XAMPP (https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html - Windows, Mac, Linux), WampServer (https://www.wampserver.com/en/ - Windows), MAMP (https://www.mamp.info - Mac, Windows), LAMP-Server (https://tinyurl.com/lampserver - Linux).
- TEST IT: https://learning-with-texts.sourceforge.io/testdb/index.php (may be slow)
- READ MORE: https://learning-with-texts.sourceforge.io
- HAPPY LANGUAGE LEARNING!
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/learning-with-texts/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.