This is the Linux app named MaeBlok whose latest release can be downloaded as maeblok-0.8.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MaeBlok with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
You assemble *blocks* in your django template, with each block wired to a tastypie resource, which in turn is mapped to a django model. Each *block* will reside in a dijit ContentPane which you must define in your template. You have a choice of 2 layouts for each *block*, Form or Grid based. Form displays a single record in either a 1, 2 or 3 column layout while Grid displays many rows in a spreadsheet like grid. You can perform edits in place on fields in both layouts.
You can define the master-detail relationship between the *blocks* and enblok will automatically display the related detail *block* rows as the user navigates the master *block*'s rows.
You get for free the default *CRUD* functionality for each block, together with Search. You are not limited
to just a 2 level master-detail relationship, in fact enblok can support n-th level relationships but we
do not advise you to go beyond 3.
Read the distribution's enblok/readme.txt for further instructions.
- Rapid Web development tool for Business Applications
- Django 1.8 + Tastypie backend
- dojo 1.10 + dgrid 0.3 frontend
- Master Detail Programs
- Query by Example dialog for every block
- Export to Excel for every block
Python Database API, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL (pgsql), SQLite
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/maeblok/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.