This is the Linux app named Magit whose latest release can be downloaded as v3.3.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Magit with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Magit is a complete text-based user interface to Git. It fills the glaring gap between the Git command-line interface and various GUIs, letting you perform trivial as well as elaborate version control tasks with just a couple of mnemonic key presses. Magit looks like a prettified version of what you get after running a few Git commands but in Magit every bit of visible information is also actionable to an extent that goes far beyond what any Git GUI provides and it takes care of automatically refreshing this output when it becomes outdated. In the background Magit just runs Git commands and if you wish you can see what exactly is being run, making it possible for you to learn the git command-line by using Magit. Using Magit for a while will make you a more effective version control user. Magit supports and streamlines the use of Git features that most users and developers of other Git clients apparently thought could not be reasonably mapped to a non-command-line interface.
- Magit is both faster and more intuitive than either the command line or any GUI
- For both Git beginners and experts alike
- Allows even experienced Git users to perform almost all of their daily version control tasks
- Only Magit and Git itself deserve to be called porcelains
- Using Magit for a while will make you a more effective version control user
- Magit supports and streamlines the use of Git features
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/magit.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.