This is the Linux app named Mail Send - Drupal Simplenews Newsletter whose latest release can be downloaded as Mail-Send-Addon-for-Drupal-Simplenews-Newsletter_1.3.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Mail Send - Drupal Simplenews Newsletter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Mail Send - Drupal Simplenews Newsletter
You only need the php file and a form that will initiate it plus a custom unsubscribe page. The script uses simplenews newsletter database tables, users, newsletter categories etc. The only thing you have to do is to disable the simplenews newsletter spool cron from Drupal or choose not to send them form Simplenews/Drupal interafce in order to avoid having both this tool and Drupal cron sending mails. You can easily dissabel cron if you get the Elysia Cron module for Drupal. Users will continue to subscribe/unsubscribe using simplenews newsletter module and you will create the newsletters the usual way. The script works with multiple newsletter categories and every time processes the latest newsletter that has not been sent. After you sent the newsletter, there is nothing else you need to do. Nothing very fancy but is good for sending thousands of e-mails.
For more info visit
Information Technology, Advanced End Users, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mailsendfordrupalandsimplenews/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.