This is the Linux app named Make It True whose latest release can be downloaded as MakeItTrue-1.9.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Make It True with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Make It True
Make It True is a web application to practice fundamental algebra procedures used when manipulating equations. The application generates arbitrary equations containing 1-4 variables. It is for the student to provide values for these variables which make the equation true.
For example, in the screenshot above the equation is: 18-64-c*d=4. The student must choose values for c and d which result in a true statement. One approach would be to solve for the product "c*d" and then choose 2 numbers whose product satisfies what's needed. Like this:
Then the student could pick any two numbers with product of -50, like c=-25 and d=2.
Another approach would be to pick any number for c, then express d in terms of that number. For example, if the student arbitrarily chose c=13 then:
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/makeittrue/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.