This is the Linux app named MandelHash whose latest release can be downloaded as MandelHash.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MandelHash with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
I'm using an MD5 hash of a username and password field to generate some entropy which is used to generate color pallets and positions / scaling of two Mandelbrot sets. These two images are overlaid to create interesting pictures which represent the entered credentials. I'm interested in all things security, this is mostly just for fun, but could possibly be used to help users identify mistakes in their password entry prior to submission and enforce a tighter failed password lockout policy. Please enjoy with a modern HTML5 enabled browser.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mandelhash/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.