This is the Linux app named megatest to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as megatest-v1.6529.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named megatest to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
megatest to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Distributed test running system. build for running simulations, quality assurance or similar where you need to run a large number of tests. Supports dependencies, iteration, disk space management and log file analysis.
- Flexible test specification. Use perl, ruby, shell, scheme, expect, tcl or whatever you like to write your tests. There is no specialized test scripting language.
- Test dependencies, the "waiton" keyword will prevent a test from launching until the tests that it depends on have completed with "PASS" status. # Process and machine monitoring while the test is running. The test execution process "calls home" every 10 seconds with the memory and diskspace usage on the machine where the test is running.
- Configurable hierarchy for your tests. I used sysname, fsname and datapath for organizing my test runs but you can set up for what ever key words work for your situation.
- A remote launching script (nbfake) is included which works well. The system has been sucessfully used with other network batch job running tools.
- Easy test debugging with the -xterm command. If you have x-forwarding set up via ssh you can use the -xterm switch to bring up an xterm with the target environment for debugging your tests.
- Uses the sqlite3 database backend with a very simple schema. Writing your own dashboard or bolting on additional automation should be very easy.
- Test iteration. Add entries to the items section of your testconfig file and the test will be run with all combinations of your items
- Disk space management. Add paths to your disks to the disks section of your megatest.config file and megatest will create the run area on the disk with the most space and link it back to your "runs" directory.
Quality Engineers, Testers
Gnome, X Window System (X11), Web-based
PostgreSQL (pgsql), SQLite, SQL-based
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/megatest/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.