This is the Linux app named Melon whose latest release can be downloaded as Melon.0.4_macosx_10.8.5.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Melon with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Melon's purpose is to simplify as much as possible the setup of interactive installation (art, cultural, commercial, etc) as much as possible.
It broadcast in OSC 3D pointers. Each pointer can be attached to any of the bone of the skeleton. The interaction area defined for this pointer is attached to another bone of the skeleton, therefore the visitor is free to move in the space defined.
Video tutorial: https://vimeo.com/73297050
Developped by http://www.numediart.org
[!] > requires OpenNI & NITE 1.5
- Calibration of the kinect in the world (position and rotation)
- Interaction areas relative to person size
- Projects saved in XML format, easy to generate or modify manually
- Possibility to reduce GUI to minimum (no left panel and 3D view) - better performance
- Independent skeleton joints smoothing
- Data visualisation of the interactive areas
- Multi users simultaneously
- Multiple detection areas
Advanced End Users, Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/kinect-melon/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.