This is the Linux app named miRNA Temporal Analyzer (mirnaTA) to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as mirnaTA_v1.2.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named miRNA Temporal Analyzer (mirnaTA) to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
miRNA Temporal Analyzer (mirnaTA) to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:The microRNA Temporal Analyzer (mirnaTA) is a bioinformatics tool which can be used to identify differentially expressed miRNAs in temporal studies. It is implemented in Perl and R package (>= 2.13.0) and can be run across multiple platforms such as Linux, Mac and Windows. The mirnaTA requires that users provide data from a minimum of two time points and analyze up to 20 time points. To normalize data and remove technical variability, Normal Quantile Transformation (NQT) was used, and the normalized data is analyzed using linear regression model to locate any miRNAs which are differentially expressed in a linear manner. Any miRNAs with P-value<0.05 are considered statistically significant. Remaining miRNAs which did not fit in linear model are further analyzed in two different methods: (1) if the number of time points <3, CDF of the normal distribution, and (2) if the number of time points is >= 3, ANOVA is utilized.
- miRNA Temporal Analyzer
- Normal Quantile Transformation (NQT)
- up to 20 time points
- R package
- easy to run
- graphic HTML interface
- simple output
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mirnata/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.