This is the Linux app named MLCrypt whose latest release can be downloaded as MLCrypt.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named MLCrypt with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
DESCRIPTIONSimple, lightweight, cross-platform (Windows / Linux / ARM6 Linux), cross-arch (x32 / x64), standalone command line file encryption program.
GnuPG is probably the best application for cross-platform encryption. However, its usage on Windows PCs may be inconvenient (installation administrator rights; large executable size for perhaps just a one-time file decryption, complicated command-line switches for stronger encryption). NCrypt would fulfill this task, but does not operate on 64-bit Windows - MLCrypt was created because of this.
The program's primary aim is cascade encryption: create an encrypted outer layer over an existing compressed and encrypted archive file. (Each encryption layer should have a different complex password.)
MLCrypt.zip contains all the executables: Linux, Windows, Raspberry Pi.
- Blowfish cipher in CBC mode, 448-bit MD5-salted and key-stretched SHA-256 key.
- Raspberry Pi (Debian) support.
- Reasonable data encryption rate: from 52MB/s to 139MB/s (2007 CoreDuo M v.s. 2014 i5 3.8GHz)
- Simple command line options.
- Encrypted files possess no header byte identification.
- No back-doors.
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mlcrypt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.