This is the Linux app named Naeon whose latest release can be downloaded as naeon_2.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Naeon with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Naeon is a secure cloud storage solution that uses unbreakable military-grade encryption and zero-knowledge privacy to protect confidential data in an untrusted environment.
The data are encrypted using the AES 256-bit encryption algorithm with a randomly generated 128-character passphrase.
Then, it is split into small pieces called chunks, which are obfuscated by adding random data to each chunk to make them unreadable and indecipherable to unauthorized individuals or processes. The encryption key and the concatenation order of the sharded chunks of encrypted data remain with the user, who should have a proper key management strategy in place.
Naeon offers a backup tool that helps minimize the risk of data loss due to ransomware and other cyber attacks, as well as insider threats related to cyber security incidents.
For more information, visit www.naeon.nl/download/docs/naeon_paper.pdf
Get the latest development version here: www.naeon.nl/dev/naeon_latest.tar.gz
- Encryption of personal data at rest
- IPFS (InterPlanetary File System) ready
- Ideal as a privacy layer for IPFS storage
- Integrated AES-256 bit encryption
- Integrated gzip compression
- Symmetric key cryptography
- Private key doesn't leave the building
- Uses a combination of unique data obfuscation techniques
- Sliced archive in 100 to 1,000 chunks
- On-the-fly sha512 hash generation for each archive chunk
- Detection of file change during restore based on sha512 hash
- Cloud storage
- Cold storage
- Secure backup to cloud
- Open Source
- Available for OpenBSD, macOS and GNU/Linux distributions
- Open source, changeable, and fully reviewable
- Client-side - no accounts - no data shared with any online service
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, End Users/Desktop, Security Professionals
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/naeon/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.