This is the Linux app named Naeon whose latest release can be downloaded as naeon_1.0.3.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Naeon with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Naeon is a method for secure distribution of confidential data to an untrusted environment, using unbreakable, client-side, military-grade encryption and zero-knowledge privacy for a truly secure cloud storage solution.
The encrypted data are protected by rendering them unusable, unreadable, and indecipherable to unauthorized individuals or processes, before being transferred to a public network.
A combination of obfuscation, sharding, and generalisation techniques are used for this purpose. The encryption key, as well as the concatenation order of the sharded chunks of encrypted data, remain with the user, who should have a proper key management strategy in place.
For in-depth information on Naeon, please check the paper which can be downloaded here: https://www.naeon.nl/download/docs/naeon_paper.pdf
- Available for OpenBSD, macOS and GNU/Linux distributions
- Open source, changeable, and fully reviewable
- Integrated gzip compression
- Integrated AES-256 bit encryption
- Symmetric key cryptography
- Private key doesn't leave the building
- Client-side - no accounts - no data shared with any online service
- Uses a combination of unique data obfuscation techniques
- Sliced archive in 100 to 1,000 chunks
- On-the-fly sha512 hash generation for each archive chunk
- Detection of file change during restore based on sha512 hash
- Cloud storage
- Cold storage
Advanced End Users, System Administrators, Security Professionals
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/naeon/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.