This is the Linux app named NET-Simulator whose latest release can be downloaded as NET-Simulator.1.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named NET-Simulator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
NET-Simulator was created to help lecturers and students in the study of computer networks. Students can build virtural networks in the virtual environment provided by NET-Simulator. These devices are controlled by means of command line interface.
- UNIX-like command line interface.
- Implementation of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd layers of ISO OSI.
- Export projects to html.
- Visual indication of packets transmission.
Java Swing, Console/Terminal
XSL (XSLT/XPath/XSL-FO), Java
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/net-simulator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.