This is the Linux app named Network Caller ID whose latest release can be downloaded as ncid-1.12-src.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Network Caller ID with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Network Caller ID
The NCID (Network Caller ID) project is Caller ID (CID) distributed over a network. The project contains the NCID package and 4 optional client packages. Each package is described at the NCID web site. A non-inclusive list of 3rd party addons is also available at the web site
NCID - contains the server, gateways, and a client with output modules
LCDncid - a client that uses LCDproc to display Caller ID on a LCD display
NCIDandroid - a client and gateway for Android devices
NCIDdisplay - a homebrew client that displays on large LED modules
NCIDpop - a popup client for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Supports gateways, devices, and a modem for Caller ID
- Supports name and number aliases for calls
- Supports messages from clients and gateways
- Auto hangup on calls in the blacklist but not in the whitelist
- Supports phones, tablets, and devices that use Android or iOS
- Multiple clients are permitted and expected
- The ncid client supports output modules to add features
- Does not require a landline with a Android phone using NCIDandroid
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
Unix Shell, Perl, C, Tcl
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ncid/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.