This is the Linux app named NoiseGator (Noise Gate) whose latest release can be downloaded as NoiseGator_063a.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named NoiseGator (Noise Gate) with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
NoiseGator (Noise Gate)
DESCRIPTIONEver wanted to cut out background noise when talking with others on Skype? Now it's possible!
NoiseGator is a light-weight noise gate application that routes audio through an audio input to an audio output. In real-time the audio level is analysed and if the average level is higher than the threshold the audio bypasses as normal. However, if the average level goes below the threshold, the gate closes and the audio is cut.
When used with a virtual audio cable it can act as a noise gate for a either a sound input(microphone) or sound output(speakers).
Can also be used to gate noise from your own mic or play your microphone through your speakers.
- Java 7 or higher for Windows.
- Java 6 or higher for Mac. Java 7 recommended.
- A virtual audio cable is required for use with VOIPs:
For Windows users I recommend the VB-Cable driver (http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm).
Mac users can use SoundFlower.
- Noise Gate for audio input to output.
- Cuts out background noises when nobody is speaking on VOIPs like Skype.
- Noise Gate your microphone to kill background noise and hiss.
- Can be used to feed your microphone through your speakers.
Telecommunications Industry, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/noisegator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.