This is the Linux app named Nootka whose latest release can be downloaded as Nootka-2.0.2-Windows-Installer.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Nootka with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Nootka helps understand the basics of music notation:
reading and practicing playing musical scores.
Long story short: the user plays notes (melody) displayed by the app,
which then in real time checks if the notes was played correctly.
The application is free and open source.
It works under Windows, Linux, Mac and Android...
- interactive interface to discover the rules of musical notation
- exercises with possibility to create own sets
- accurate method for detecting sung and played sounds
- natural sound of instruments
- clefs (treble, bass and others) and grand staff
- analyze of results
- different kinds of guitars and theirs tuning
Education, Other Audience
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nootka/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.