This is the Linux app named OCR Web based whose latest release can be downloaded as OCR-webapp_Setup-1.1.0.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OCR Web based with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
OCR Web based
Optical Character Recognition in JS for Browser is based on ocrad.js. OCR for Browser is a free extension and You can use this application to extract text from any image you supply. Just upload your image files. OCR for Browser takes either a JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG.
Get OCR for Android (Beta release) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ulm.ocr
Add-on for Opera: http://bit.ly/1F0E0wP
For safety reasons, I disabled the possibility to import an image from url. Finally, I wish to inform you that you can write or draw directly on the canvas to get the subsequent character recognition and text extraction
- OCR of documents image either JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG
- Save result in doc format in you filesystem
- Print result in pdf
- Share content via email
- Draw letter in canvas to instant OCR
- Edit text directly in app, clicking on result of OCR
- Release 1.0.7 - Image converter
Information Technology, Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ocrforfirefox/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.