This is the Linux app named OpenMusic 5 whose latest release can be downloaded as OM-5.2.1.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OpenMusic 5 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
OpenMusic is an object-oriented visual programming environment based on CommonLisp/CLOS. It provides libraries and editors that make it a powerful environment for music composition. It can also be used for teaching functional and object programming.
THE OM 5.2 RELEASE HOSTED ON SOURCEFORGE IS NOT MAINTAINED ANYMORE. IT IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR IT INCLUDES PRELIMINARY ATTEMPTS AT PORTING OM TO LINUX PLATFORMS, WHICH WE BELIEVE COULD STILL BE USEFUL FOR FUTURE PORTS AND DEVELOPMENTS.
See the recent OM 6 developments and release at http://repmus.ircam.fr/openmusic/
Information Technology, Science/Research, Education, Advanced End Users, Developers, Other Audience
Gnome, Win32 (MS Windows), Cocoa (MacOS X), GTK+
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ircam-openmusic/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.