This is the Linux app named Orthos whose latest release can be downloaded as orthos-el_GR-0.4.0-87.oxt. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Orthos with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
This is, primarily, a modern Greek language spell checking project. It is based on Hunspell/Aspell, provides the dictionaries and creates extensions for OpenOffice and LibreOffice. It also provides Greek dictionary add-ons for the Mozilla projects.
Orthos NEEDS YOUR HELP! Help create a better Greek spelling dictionary. Do you think there is a missing word, a misspelling in the dictionary? Check the dictionary by going to the Orthos web site, below, and then file a ticket for correction. Thank you.
- Modern Greek spell-checker with a Greek dictionary
- Combined Greek/English dictionary and spell checker for mutlilingual documents.
- Provides extensions for LibreOffice and OpenOffice
- Provides a Greek thesaurus of synonyms
- Provides dictionary add-ons for Mozilla projects.
- Has a (yet very experimental) dictionary for the Cypriot dialect of Greek
- Has provision for (yet very experimental) addition of new dictionaries for mainly supporting Greek dialects
Developers, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/orthos-spell/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.