This is the Linux app named Paper Engine 2 to run in Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as PaperEngine2-0.0.11-Source.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Paper Engine 2 to run in Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Paper Engine 2 to run in Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Hyper fast multi-threaded cross platform 2D renderer with optimized loading via file cache, basic GUI elements, and beginnings of an editor.
- Fully cross platform: Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Optimized file cache system with simple package and release availability. Simply select your binary with corresponding continuously updating cache directory and you're ready to release your game.
- Automatic asset updating system. No need to open the Editor every time you change an shader, texture, etc.; just run the game and it will automatically update the respective objects in the Cache.
- DDS Compressed texture support, specifically DXT1 and DXT5 support. DXT1 offers 6 to 1 compression for color-only textures(compared to flat 24-bit bitmap) and DXT5 offers 4 to 1 compression for alpha textures(compared to flat 32-bit bitmap). And this compression goes all the way into video memory on supported hardware, which is over 94% of gamers according to Wolfire's report: http://feedback.wildfiregames.com/report/opengl/feature/GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
- Global Unique ID(GUID) system for linking assets together. Never spend time relinking assets together just because you changed some filename.
- Threaded asynchronous loading system.
X Window System (X11), Win32 (MS Windows), Carbon (Mac OS X)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/paperengine2/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.