This is the Linux app named ParDRe whose latest release can be downloaded as ParDRe-rel2.2.5.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ParDRe with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
ParDRe is a parallel tool to remove duplicate reads. Duplicate reads can be seen as identical
or nearly identical sequences with some mismatches. This tool will let the users to avoid the analysis of not necessary reads, reducing the time of subsequent procedures with the dataset (e.g., assemblies, mappings, etc.).
The tool is implemented with MPI in order to exploit the parallel capabilities of multicore
clusters. It is faster than multithreaded counterparts (end of 2015) for the same number of cores and, thanks to the message-passing technology, it can be executed on clusters.
There also exists a MapReduce counterpart of ParDRe, called MarDRe (see the link above).
UPDATE: From version 2.0.5 ParDRe also provides support to remove only optical duplicates (and leave biologically interesting duplicates) as well as to work with compressed input/output with .gz format.
Information Technology, Healthcare Industry, Science/Research
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pardre/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.