This is the Linux app named PatternGenerator whose latest release can be downloaded as patternGeneratorInstaller-2_2.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PatternGenerator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PatternGenerator is Java application with a Swing GUI. As its unimaginative name suggests, it generates graphical patterns by means of algorithms. It is currently able to generate only two kinds of pattern:
(1) an interference pattern whose point sources are circles, ellipses or regular polygons, and
(2) a pattern composed of a set of non-intersecting polygonal paths drawn on an invisible equilateral triangular grid.
The generated patterns can be displayed as static images, and they can also be animated. The static images can be exported as PNG files, and the animations can be exported as a sequence of PNG files, which can be converted to a video by a tool such as FFmpeg.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pattgenerator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.