This is the Linux app named PlateEditor whose latest release can be downloaded as 20230722_Release.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PlateEditor with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
PlateEditor is a free web application to work with multi-well plates, from creation of layouts to data visualization and aggregation. It is primarily designed as a tool to help scientists working in the field of biology to simplify and fasten the process of data analysis. It is fully client-side: files are never transferred to the server, ensuring complete security and privacy of research data. It doesn't require any installation.
- PlateEditor is available at this address:
- The source code is also available on GitHub, visit:
More information about the source code and the API are available there (the wiki is still under construction, thanks for your patience!)
For a list of recent updates, visit:
Hoping PlateEditor will make your life easier in the lab! If yes, please cite us: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0252488
- Quick plate layout design, load and save
- Text, csv, xls and xlsx file streaming
- Heatmap visualization and data aggregation
Science/Research, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/plateeditor/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.