This is the Linux app named Popeye whose latest release can be downloaded as v0.10.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Popeye with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Popeye is a utility that scans live Kubernetes cluster and reports potential issues with deployed resources and configurations. It sanitizes your cluster based on what’s deployed and not what’s sitting on disk. By scanning your cluster, it detects misconfigurations and helps you to ensure that best practices are in place, thus preventing future headaches. It aims at reducing the cognitive overload one faces when operating a Kubernetes cluster in the wild. Furthermore, if your cluster employs a metric-server, it reports potential resources over/under allocations and attempts to warn you should your cluster run out of capacity. Popeye is a readonly tool, it does not alter any of your Kubernetes resources in any way! Popeye is not another static analysis tool. It runs and inspect Kubernetes resources on live clusters and sanitize resources as they are in the wild!
- Popeye is available on Linux, OSX and Windows platforms
- Binaries for Linux, Windows and Mac are available as tarballs in the release page
- Building from source Popeye was built using go 1.12+
- PreFlight Checks
- Popeye scans your cluster for best practices and potential issues.
- Popeye is not another static analysis tool
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/popeye.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.