This is the Linux app named Procedural Generator whose latest release can be downloaded as ProceduralGenerator-2.0.0-1.x64.msi. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Procedural Generator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Procedural Generator is an application that can load various image processing plug-ins.
The main application loads the plug-ins, allows plug-in selection, displays computation results.
The plug-in's job is made in 2 steps :
- 1st step : CPU step : image computing using CPU computations.
- 2nd step : GPU step : image post-processing using GPU through GLSL shaders.
Some plug-ins only use CPU step, such as Perlin Noise, Life Game, Diffusion Limited aggregation.
Other ones may use only the GPU step, such as Shader Effects, Text Effects.
The GPU step uses OpenGL and allows the use of GLSL shaders.
The CPU step is multithreaded in order to fasten the computations.
- Multithreaded computations
- Generators are plugins for more flexibility
- Life Game (classic, bugged :P, coloured)
- Perlin Noise (marble, turbulences, parametric)
- 2D Voronoï Diagram (euclidian, squared euclidian, manhattan, minkowski, chebychev)
- Iterated Function Systems (Sierpinski carpet and gasket, Koch curve, ...)
- Limited Diffusion Aggregation
- Software image post-processing (gaussian blur, anisotropic and linear NR, sharpening ...)
- Hardware image post-processing (via GLSL)
- Webcam + Hardware image post-processing (via GLSL)
- OpenCL image post-processing
- Image saving
- Video recording
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/proceduralgene/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.