This is the Linux app named Qexplore whose latest release can be downloaded as qexplore-1.0.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Qexplore with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Qexplore enables a Qmail server to analyze emails.
Its main features are:
- it can reject viruses using Clam Antivirus (http://www.clamav.net);
- it can check for spam using SpamAssassin (http://spamassassin.apache.org);
- it can block emails with particular attachment extensions during the SMTP communication using Reformime (http://www.courier-mta.org/reformime.html);
- it can "rate-limit" messages that an email address can send in a defined amount of time using an embedded db through SQLite (http://www.sqlite.org).
Unlike other scanners for Qmail, such as Simscan or Qmail-Scanner which are inline scanners, Qexplore is an offline scanner that first write an email to a queue resident on disk, closing the qmail-smtpd communication.
It than (offline) analyzes this email to check for virus and/or spam. This design solves the problem of highly traffic smtp servers in wich a lot of concurrent SMTP connections can deny access of incoming/outgoing emails because the system is busy.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/qexplore/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.