This is the Linux app named QuickCrt whose latest release can be downloaded as QuickCRT-2015-07-26.src.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named QuickCrt with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Based upon my 20+ year old super fast QCrt text mode display driver, QuickCrt is an event driven object-oriented framework for rapid application development using Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS. Completely self contained, it uses no 3rd party or original Borland units (excluding the built-in System unit). It uses no Turbo Vision and is more like Delphi minus the drag and drop. It has support for String formatting, Custom text fonts, Themes, Keyboard mappings, Config files and Multiple languages baked into it. However, this initial version is more of a "Proof of Concept" and engine for PGME. Rather than an actual project. It has some serious limitations. Since it was built in a "vacuum" with no pre-planning, it is a little bit of spaghetti code. Also, it doesn't support real windowing, multi-tasking or draw behind visible objects.
QCrt 9 is currently under development. It is a complete rewrite in assembly with TP wrappers. It is being hosted at http://github.com/LoopZ/QCrt
Pascal, Assembly, Object Pascal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/quickcrt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.