This is the Linux app named Rapidminer Onomastics Extension whose latest release can be downloaded as rapidminer-NamSor-6.5.010.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Rapidminer Onomastics Extension with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start the OnWorks Linux online or Windows online emulator or MACOS online emulator from this website.
- 5. From the OnWorks Linux OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application, install it and run it.
Rapidminer Onomastics Extension
Guessing the gender of name is not as simple as it seems:
- Andrea is a male name in Italy, a female name in the US. Laurence is a female name in France and a male name in the UK or in the US
- name demographics evolve, some names are genderless
- in Chinese or Korean, guessing the gender is almost impossible in Latin script, truly difficult even with the original script
- in most cultures, the gender is 'encoded' in the first name, in others it is encoded in the last name as well (for example, Slavic names, Lithuanian names ...) so you can guess the gender even if you have just the initials (for example, O. Sokolova is most likely a Slavic name and a female name)
- some names are very rare or just 'made up' and yet, because they sound like a male name or a female name, their gender is accurately perceived by the people in that same culture/ethnicity.
NamSor API goal is to hide this complexity, offers a simple interface to infer gender and origin, and returns an optimal result.
- Extract Gender from Personal Names
- Extract Origin from Personal Names
- Parse Personal Names
Non-Profit Organizations, Science/Research, End Users/Desktop
JDBC, Microsoft Access
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/onomastics/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.